Thursday, June 21, 2012

Shapes by Design

Good Morning friends!  I hope you are all well this Thursday morning.  I have a couple of cards I made on Tuesday.  I pulled out a really old set from PTI, Shapes by Design.  I think it was designed by Alli Miles.
 P1070163
My first card uses a craft base and a color scheme of dark chocolate, summer sunrise, and orange zest.  Its a little too 70's for me but it was a lot of stamping so I will give it out for the next guy birthday we celebrate.  If I were to do it again I would change the colors.
 P1070165
I like this next one a lot better.  Color scheme of New Leaf, Viridian Green, Dark Chocolate,Golden Harvest and Summer Sunrise.  Shapes by Design stamp set. 

I notice I am getting a lot of crafting done now that its summer.  I am also not working this summer for the first time in 5 years.  I miss my little summer jobs- but there wasn't anything to be had this summer.  However more time for relaxing and crafting.  We spent a very enjoyable day yesterday at my daughter's promotion from 6th grade.  One of her friend's parents invited us over for an impromptu BBQ.  It was really fun and its always nice to get to know the parents of her friends. As for today I am off to spin class in a few minutes.  I am completely rusty but its a great workout- for the body and the mind too.  Its good when your muscles are nice and sore.  (Or so I tell myself!)  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Kristii said...

Fun, fun, fun!! Love the geometric shapes and the colors are fabulous!

Joyce said...

I have never seen this stamp set before. Your cards are both so fun. I like that retro look, and I like both color schemes. I hope you enjoyed your spin class. I am addicted, and spend the entire class thinking about the cards I plan to make. I get my best ideas on the bike.

Mary said...

These are great! I need to check that set out!

Leigh Penner said...

I've never noticed this set before, Michele! I love how you've used it!

Laurie said...

Awesome! I haven't seen this set either!

Unknown said...

What a fun set. I've never seen it before. Great colors on both.

Annheidel said...

Nice work! I've only made one card using this set. I like what you've done!

Renee said...

Fantastic "male" cards...
maybe it's the colors...
but the design isn't too "fussy"...
and I just think they're perfect for those men in our lives...
young and old! :)
Either way...
they're both fantastic!

Cammie said...

Fun cards, Michelle! and perfect for both genders. I thought I knew all the PTI sets,but I don't remember these stamps--such great graphic designs.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love these and working with engineers these would be perfect for them!

Bonnie

Jill said...

Very, very cool, Michele! I love getting a fresh look at an "old" stamp set--and now I know another one that will make great masculine cards too! Thanks for sharing!

Gina said...

Michele, I love this post and the other one with the overlapping circles! I've just put this set on my list and put your cards with links to your blog posts in my Evernote file. These are fab.u.lous!!!!

Karen C. said...

Great set of cards, Michele. The repeating graphic design is mesmerizing!! Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! This one is These are great masculine cards
! I have sent the link to this post and the other one to a friend who owns this set.


Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!
Josiane

Elena said...

such fun cards! I've never even seen that set before - love the colors you worked with (especially the first one, that you thought was too 70s, lol.)

Tracey Jean said...

oooooh. I like the first one more...

katrynka said...

I love the brown!