Saturday, June 23, 2012

Shapes By Design Day 2

Hello Friends! I have been having so much fun with old Shapes By Design set.  I looked it up and it was indeed designed by Ali Miles for PTI.  I believe it came out in 2008.  I got it out the other day because I was thinking of selling it (lets be honest I have way too many stamps).  I thought I should give it one more shot before I listed it and now I don't think it will be leaving the house.  I have made 8 cards since I got it out!
P1070169

To make this card I used two of the circle stamps.  I drew a one inch grid on my paper using a T square (seriously best tool ever).  Then I took to stamping with the outline circle.  After stamping that outline I went back and erased the gridlines.  Next I filled in with the solid circle using two colors of ink (new leaf and hawaiian shores).   Those little strips are the ends I cut off when cut the front down to mat it.
 P1070170
The sentiment and frame are from Framed Out two.  I thought they fit the design pretty well.  Everything is matted on a New Leaf base.   I still have four or five more shapes by design cards so come back tomorrow!  Thanks for stopping in!

15 comments:

Teresa said...

I love this,Michele! How clever to make a background with those stamps.

Bethany Stellpflug said...

so pretty! I love all the circles and the colors are wonderful...

Renee said...

I answered your shameless plea...
*giggle*...
and they're fabulous!!
Love the colors on this one! :)

Cassie_lu said...

love how those circles look overlapping each other

Lynn Put said...

Great card! Love the colors and your design!

Unknown said...

Totally awesome card, Michele!! I don't know if I ever heard of that design set, but it is beautiful:)

Cheryl said...

This is brilliant. Love the colors!

Melissa said...

This is so coo, Michele! I love these colors together!

Carolyne Aarsen said...

simple but really effective. Love it.

Colleen said...

Fabulous! Always good to take a second look down the road, because we grow and change and get deeper inspiration...so glad you have another stamp set to play with!

Anonymous said...

This one is my favorite out of the three cards made with this set you have posted so far - probably b/c it's more feminine than the other two. lol... I have already emailed a friend who owns this set the links to these two posts.

Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!
Josiane

merry said...

This is so summery! Looks like bouncing beach balls! Love this one!

June K said...

Love the colors you used. It's really pretty. I didn't know this set even existed.

Kelly S. said...

That is AWESOME Michelle! I am googling T Square because if it helps me create patterns like that I am IN! Just love the colors!

Tracey Jean said...

gor-ge-ous!
Thinking this stamp set may have to come home with me one day soon...