Friday, June 29, 2012

Just Because....

Good Morning Blog Friends!  I have another guidelines card for you today.  I made this back when I was making all the others but then I got distracted by Shapes by Design, lol!  Anyway its been sitting in the picture que waiting its turn!P1070173
 This card has a fine linen base.  I masked a border using eclipse tape.  I drew a grid on in pencil using my trusty T square.  Then I set to stamping the design using stamps from both guidelines 1 and 2.   I used kraft ink and a chalk ink (dew drops wheat?).  The vellum border is stamped with a sentiment from giga guidelines.  The buttons are from my real "vintage" button collection.  A friend's mother gave them to me, she clipped them off old clothes and the like.

4 comments:

Michelle Philippi said...

I love the rusticness of this one with the colors and the wood buttons and the twine. Vellum scares me - but I love seeing it used like this. Have a great weekend, Miss Michele!

Joyce said...

Another fabulous geometric card. These are some of my faves from you. You are costing me too much money--ha ha--I may just need to get both guidelines sets. Also, I ordered a t-square ruler. Still not sure what it is, but it seems like it is necessary for your magic, so I wanted one, too. Perhaps it is like a Harry Potter wand?

Mara Campbell said...

I love what you do with that stamp set. Pretty amazing!! I love the vellum sentiment, too.

Unknown said...

i loved the card honey and so sweet that you used mom's buttons!!