Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! I have a love/ hate relationship with this day. I love it because I teach and at elementary school Valentines rules! There is always a party, always cookies and candy, always cute little cards and excited kids! So that part is totally cool. I used to love to get all romantic with the hubby too... but he... well he is the most unromantic person in the world. This is not to say he is a bad husband, because he is an amazing husband, but romantic? no not at all... i mean this man once bought me a pillow for our 8 year anniversary. He hates V day. Its like torture for him each year. i try to be helpful but really he is just suffering. So I always hope for some grand gesture (well even not so grand gesture) and then I usually end up with the token bizarre gift.... that he bought the night before... at 2am.... So it would just be smart for me to stop hoping wouldnt it? yeah it would. So why cant I? I dunno, a glutton for punishment I guess.

Anyhow I hope your Valentine's Day is full of awesome surprises.

5 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Any time hubs is hard up for a present idea - I just tell him get me a gift card for scrappy stuff! You can't go wrong with that!

Happy VD (snicker)!

Jamie said...

I don't know what happened to my comment...I hope this is not duplicated...

Fortunately, my husband and I are in agreement about today. We resolve to say Happy Valentine's Day, embrace, and that is about it. :)

tommie said...

So what grand gesture did he come up with this year?

I have gone so far as to buy myself something, take it to dinner and open it! Everyone around oohs and awws like he is a genius for getting EXACTLY what I want! LOL Hey, it works for us.

eyes_only4him said...

school parties r the bomb..

Unknown said...

My hubs and I just don't do anything. The ladies in the 'hood had our recipe club tonight and it was the perfect way to spend the night...chatting with friends.

My husband has every other day of the year to try to get it right...'try' being the operative word.