Saturday, August 18, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #111

Hi Friends!  Long time, no write!  Its been busy here the last couple of weeks!  I have a few pictures and stories for you but first I wanted to check in with my take on the Waltzingmouse sketch challenge! You can find all the details for the challenge here.
IMG_1544
My 17th wedding anniversary is tomorrow and I needed a little something for the hubby. I used a couple of different sets on this card.  The background is from Heirloom Patterns.  The tree and wee birds are from Teeny Trees.  The heart is from Lil Buddies (I think...), and the sentiments are from Compact Family and Compact Sentiments.  I used a variety of inks from a wide variety of manufactures.  Ribbon from my stash, twine from May Arts.  That's it for the card making portion.  Below is a little update on the goings on around here:

Edit:  Just clarify... the bride below is NOT me.  That is my husband's cousin and we went to her wedding in S. Ca.  You can see us dressed in our wedding finery in the pics following.
We have been in and out of town and all over for the past two weeks.  We were at a wedding in Southern California where my husbands cousin got married.
IMG_1506
The bride and her dad.
IMG_1495
My little darlings.
IMG_1501
Me and the hubby.

Both my kids had birthdays and we celebrated with a pool party at the local pool.
IMG_1476

I cleaned out and reorganized my closet!  Oh it was such a pig stye!  I am too embarrassed to show the before pics!
IMG_1474
IMG_1475

I recovered all the dining room chairs.  The kids ripped one and of course no matching fabric on hand I had to redo them all.  I do like the way they turned out.
IMG_1541
Before
IMG_1542
After! So anyway its been busy around here!  My daughter started jr. high this week and my son will be back in school on Monday.  The count down for me has started as well and I have been spending time down at my job getting ready for the new year to start up.  Thanks as always for coming by.  I know its annoying when the posts don't update every day!  I'm going to try to do better!


11 comments:

June K said...

Looks like you certainly have been busy. Are the books in your closet "to be read" books or have you finished with some of them? OK, you are pretty handy around the house, aren't you? You tackled the bathroom sink this summer and now you've covered all the chair. Both are things I'd ask hubby to do for me.

Michelle Philippi said...

That is some serious busy. Look at you all Bob Vila...taking on the faucet and now doing California closets and redoing chairs...for real? That's awesome.
Love seeing pictures of people too...I like the real life stuff; thanks for sharing!

Ashley Newell said...

This is so cute! Happy Anniversary!

Deborah Frings said...

Super card for your husband - love the colours and the sentiment. Wishing you both a very Happy Anniversary and many more to come.

You have been seriously busy - you should be feeling really pleased with yourself.

Marybeth said...

Beautiful pictures! You look beautiful now and then. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. This will be a sweet card to give to him. You have been busy.

Buffy said...

Lovely card! Happy anniversary.
You are an inspiration...now to tidy my closet (hubby has been moaning.....)

Skye said...

Happy Anniversary. Lovely card for your husband

Renee said...

First...
Happy (belated) Anniversary!! :)
Doesn't it seem like you should get a medal for anything past 5 years these days? *giggle*
Second...
love the card!
As I'm sure hubby did as well...
that background is stamped so perfectly! :)
And third...
love all the pics!
I think your daughter looks just like you...
please don't tell me everyone says she looks like Dad!!
Such a beautiful family! :)
So glad you could play along with us this week! :)

sooofullofcraft said...

I love the twine and the two cute adorable little birdies! Thanks for sharing the pics too, I'm off to reorganize a closet, LOL Happy Anniversary :0)

Jeanne J. said...

Happy Anniversary! Great card for your sweet hubby! Thanks for sharing the pics - you made a beautiful bride, and best of all you have a beautiful family!

Helen Berry said...

Wonderful anniversary card Derby! Wow, you've been busy - thanks for sharing those lovely pics, what a beautiful bride and what a lovely family you have ;)