Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sewing On Cards

Do you sew on your cards?  I have here the first card I have ever sewn on, it will probably be the last.  I guess I just don't get it.  So much work!  I did this by hand but I do own a machine. I actually know how to sew.  Not well mind you, I wont be winning any awards, but I can put together a halloween costume from a pattern or make a patchwork quilt.  I have sewn pillows and slip covers.  But sewing, well its alot of work.  I am basically a lazy person.  I don't want to drag out my giant sewing machine to put a tiny line of stitches on a piece of paper.  My hat is off too those of you who do.  I have seen some awesome stuff with stitches out there but this lazy girl is sticking to glue dots.

Card deets:  PTI: Bird Watching, Vintage Picnic, Kraft, Rustic Cream cardstock.  Basic Grey pp. DMC embroidery floss, copic markers, dark chocolate ink. 

3 comments:

B said...

Heh, I don't have a sewing machine so I don't bother. I can't believe you hand stitched that! I don't have the patience for that! Love the effect though! Very homey!

Lisa said...

For what it's worth, the stitching is adorable! :)

BethieJ said...

It looks so CUTE!! I love the stitching.. I have a machine.. I hand stitched ONE time a LO.. hee hee! Your card is GREAT!!! and god bless the glue dots! :)