Monday, May 18, 2009

Pulling Out Some Older Sets

I dusted off my PTI Out of the Box set to make the focal point on this card.  I had a lot of trouble previously with the solid images.   I think part of the problem is the palette hybrid ink.  Here I switched to some chalk ink and both my polka dots and my square flower image came out great.  I think the ink is by MME...  It came in a container of about 9 pads, in a circle.  I got it from Bev at Precious Scraps.  The ink does not list a color name and of course I ripped the over wrap off long ago.  The base is Kraft, the scalloped square is ripe avocado.  The ribbon is from American Crafts and I got it for a steal at Big Lots.  I love when I hit Big Lots on just the right day.  Some cute little dew drops finish it off.  I got those at Ellen Hutson's store.  She has every dew drop you could ever want.  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a fabulous Monday!

8 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Hmmm, that would be PERFECT for an August birthday! :)

Mara Campbell said...

I love love love teh green on this!! Beautiful, the polka dots are all perfect and I like the bling framing the frame. Great card!!

B said...

Oh how fun! Love the bling!

Deanna said...

Hmmm interesting fact about the ink. I must try it! Your card looks great!

Leah said...

Love the colors on this! And the ribbon is perfect:)

BethieJ said...

Michele I LOVE this card.. such a great color combo with the kraft and green!!!

Scrapping Julie said...

very cute. i must try the chalk ink with this set!!

peggysue said...

Those polka dots are so cute and I like the idea of trying out a chalk ink, nice!