Sunday, July 13, 2008

Crafty Things are on Hold

So I got some crafty things made but I never got around to taking pictures today. I had a lot of good intentions for the day, but as usual my good intentions did not all become reality.
I started my morning with a trip to the gym. Sad to say but I did not go to the gym the whole time I was working on the science institute...roughly seven days. Now one would think seven days wouldn't be that big of deal given that I have been working out regularly now for nearly 20 months. One would be very wrong! I decided to do a little spin class today because I felt I would work harder than working on my own upstairs on the elliptical. So I walk in and I see its the beginner level class, spin 1. Normally I take spin 3, sometimes spin 4. I do this 3x a week. So here I am, "oh level 1", I think, "how easy." I get on the bike. I go 5 minutes. I think I might die. I try that self talk, "Self you do this all the time. Self this is not hard, this is a fraction of what your regular class is. Self there is a 65 year old woman riding next to you and she is kicking your fat ass!" Self wasn't very happy. In fact, Self was demanding we leave, like 10 minutes ago. So to make a boring story shorter I did indeed finish 35 minutes of the class, I was soaked in sweat, I managed to stumble out and stretch. Then I decided because I was such a wimp in spin I would make up for it by lifting weights. UGH! It felt so much heavier than usual! I did manage to crank out some bench presses (yeah I can only press the bar, thank you very much), lat pulls, curls, and tricep push downs. Not a very spectacular effort. The weight will never come off if I keep this up! So tomorrow I begin anew, and it will be with a 45 minute class at level 2 or 3, it will be a new reason for Mondays to suck.

1 comment:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Its really funny how that happens. I used to have a trainer (yeah I know looking at me now you would never know) and if I missed a week he would always comment about how I would get out of shape so quick - I would struggle for a few days and then get back in the swing of things. I feel your pain but keep up the work - you will appreciate it in the end! (no pun intended ...hehe ok may a little one)