Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tea Box


Hi there! I have a little tea box here for you today. These little boxes are perfect to hold one or two tea bags. I made a little template for it and you can find that here on an older post. I made my box out of Kraft cardstock. I cut it out and scored it but did not put it together. First I determined where the front of the box would be and stamped the large circle from Borders and Corners Circles (PTI). Then I masked the circle and went to town with Polka Dot basics. Next I die cut and stamped a tea pot on cream. I added a cream sentiment, a snip of chiffon ribbon, a button and a twine bow. A little satin ribbon makes the top pretty. I put the box together with scortape. All supplies PTI except the ink which is colorbox lime pastel.

15 comments:

Dana said...

As a tea drinker, I'd LOVE this! The double bow (triple really!) is my favorite part!

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful!

Belinda said...

Absolutely lovely! Love the frame with the dots masking and the lovely bows!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

What a lovely tea box!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Such a great little project, love those colors!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very cool!!!

Anika said...

Very pretty! Love the Kraft/Green combo!

Aimes said...

Oh you just know this appeals to me as a tea lover, don't you?!?! Not only that but you've used my fave colour too - I love it!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Sue in Grapevine said...

Pretty!

Amy Beth said...

Michelle - thank you for posting this and the template. I've been looking for the perfect favor for the baby shower tea I'm throwing - these are perfect!

Lori said...

Wow Michele, this is a fantastic box!! And so pretty!

Lindsay said...

This is so beautiful! I love the colors. Such a nice idea!

Jen Carter said...

Love this box!! That is so cute!! Great job!

Jennifer K said...

Such a fantastic box - it will totally make the recipient's day to receive something so special!

Jill said...

So sweet! I love how you masked the circle and polka dotted around it, and then set the tea pot in the middle!