Sunday, August 19, 2007

Scrappin' My Chicago Trip


This is the first page of an album I made for my friend of our trip to Chicago. I am addicted to Heidi Swapp bling! (For you nonscrappers that would be the sparkly circle).

This page shows us at the John Deere museum. My friend, AJ, had to take me there because I stupidly said I thought corn was picked by hand. Yes, apparently there is a large expensive machine for that. Then she laughed even harder when I asked her if the machine bruised up the corn. Apparently this corn is not for eating, its hard and yucky and used for corn syrup, corn oil, and ethanol. Now before you think I am just a dumb city girl.... I come from an ag town. I grew up surrounded by fields of lettuce, onions, strawberries, spinach, etc. and all of it was picked by hand! How was I suppose to know super hard corn can be thumped down by a machine??

This page is all about Wicked! Oh it was excellent! If you get a chance to see it go!!! I was very impressed.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that's the Hinsdale Oasis below...if I had to guess.

Yeah, toll roads are kinda a foreign concept to other parts of the country.

LOVE the John Deere museum stuff...I haven't been there but perhaps I'll take SD there for his birthday...he'd LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Oh Michele - that is phenomenal!!! I'm so excited to get it! Thank you, thank you!!!
I'm always so amazed by your creativity and orginality!!! :) AJ

Julie, aka Scrapperdays said...

You've been tagged. I hope you don't mind! I'm new to the blogging, so I don't have a lot of blog buddies yet. Love your blog, by the way.
Take care, Julie (Scrapperdays)

Melony said...

Are these the girls from our original August loop??? I think I recognize them?? I miss them! I saw you had some other pages about each one and it made my heart smile remembering them all....How are they all doing????

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

beautiful pages!