Thursday, July 26, 2007

Santa Cruz

Just got back from a 3 day trip to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk with my kids, mom, aunt, uncle, niece, and mom's husband. Much fun was had by my children. Can I just say that amusement parks rock when you are the kid, but not nearly so much when you are the mom. Even if we put aside my neurotic constant worrying (that something will happen to my babies) there is so much stuff that just bites when you are the parent. Lets start with cost. Holy Hell this crap costs alot... I didnt even have to pay for tickets (the benefit of traveling with mom) but the drinks, the lunches, the dinners, the games, the souvieners, the ice cream... I swear all this stuff is going at a 99% percent profit margin! Then there is the whining, the I am so tireds on the way the home, the dirt (my kids were so FILTHY), the cranky sugar crash after the wild sugar high. But honestly, all my bitching aside, the kids had a wonderful time. They came home very, very happy.

My sweet girl and her toothless grin

My dd, niece, and ds riding the carousel

My niece, ds, and dd riding "baby doubleshot". My niece and dd rode the "real" doubleshot later and my heart was in my throat the entire time!

2 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Hey!! Thanks for stopping by :)

I LOVE a good coaster ride......love love love it!

IamDerby said...

Thanks for the comments! Makes my (sad and pathetic) day! :)