Sunday, October 07, 2012

Papercrafts Rejects

I submitted 12 cards to the last round.  All rejected- boohoo.  The good news is I have some blog fodder now.  First up is a Thanksgiving card.  Seriously, do people really give Thanksgiving cards?  I know I don't.  I made it because I thought it might narrow my odds!  LOL!  Didn't work!  What will I do with it now?  Maybe I will send it to my mom.  Would love to her see her face when she opened it thinking, "What the heck, who sends their mom a Thanksgiving card?".  Anyway, here it is:
P1070378
I used Echo Park papers, PTI cardstock, dark chocolate ink and some hero arts bling.  I love the script on the sentiment even if I do find the occasion kind of funny.  The stamp set is Falling Acorns from PTI.  They have dies but I don't have them.  My acorns are hand cut.  Thanks for coming by today!

7 comments:

June K said...

LOL. Too funny. Hey, your mom might come to expect one EVERY year :)

Cute acorns!!!

Kathy Mc said...

Can't believe this is a reject ~ now I know why I'm not a judge cuz I think you did a super job with this one!

Audrey said...

This is a great card! I love the pattern papers and your hand cut acorns look fab! I send thanksgiving cards to my aunt in cousin back home, but only because we spent every Thanksgiving when them before we moved to Florida.

Michelle Philippi said...

LOL @ what the heck, who sends their mom a Thanksgiving card? - ha ha. For sure. I make very few - usually for the magazines too. And if they don't get picked up, I send them with pictures to the grandparents AFTER Thanksgiving. I love the multi-colored bling too. So fall. Love me some fall colors...

BethieJ said...

I LOVE it Michele!!! Um.. I DO send Thanksgiving cards.. so does my mom, and my friend! HA HA!! :) I know we are CRAZY!!! I better get busy on my Halloween cards.. usually I am so BEHIND I BUY Thanksgiving cards.. GASP maybe this will be the year I am ahead of the game and make them!
Hope your having a GREAT day!

Leigh Penner said...

I made some Thanksgiving cards... but not to give, but rather to sell at my church for people who like to give them. LOL! Apparently some people do, because they sold out... ;)
Your card is great, Michele! Love those acorns!

Anonymous said...

Your card is great. Pity it was rejected :(. Here in Australia we don't even do thanksgiving!