Sunday, December 26, 2010

Presents!


I made this to package up the peanut brittle for my Dr. My endocrinologist, that I see for my type 1 diabetes- yes I made her candy. She loved it! She is the best doctor I have ever had, I adore her. She also is not diabetic so it wasn't like I was trying to kill her or anything. I used some yummy ribbon from Michaels, a recycled container that the peanuts came in, and my lovely WMS remedies set. I love this set. Its so simple and perfect. You just cut it out with the matching nestie and you are good to go. I tied it on with a little twine I bought from Crate and Barrel. It was something like 2300 yards so I am good for awhile! LOL

10 comments:

Joan B said...

Beautiful. You know I have this set and have never used it! Aaack. You are inspiring me. You are right, so simple but gorgeous. happy new year!

Laurie said...

LOVE love that bow and tag!! And your post totally cracked me up! It is such a great thing to have a Dr you love!! That doesn't happen very often! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas Michele!!

Sue Ann said...

I bet she did LOVE this package ....... she probably did not want to open it but looking at how beautiful the outside is the inside had to be just as fantastic!!! I know what you mean about loving your doctor..... when I prego with number 3 I drove an hour and a 1/2 to the doctor...... the day she was born there was a blizzard but it was well worth it to me!!! Happy New Year ~~

June K said...

This package is SO pretty. I love the way you tied your bow. Such a cute tag stamp.

**June**

Maggie said...

Your post cracked me up.....your project is just lovely!

Monica K. said...

Very pretty Michelle! Your bow looks great! Did you tie it yourself? I had the hardest time trying to tie big bows for presents this year. BTW, I just posted the same WMS tag to my blog too. :) Hope you had a nice Christmas!

Heidi said...

Beautiful gift and very thoughtful! No wonder she loved it!!

Leah said...

Love it! I wanted to make peanut brittle this year and it just didn't happen:)

Mara Campbell said...

oh, that ribbon is scrumptious!!!! I love it and I bet the peanut brittle is amazing, too.

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Very pretty, I'm sure she was thrilled with the treat. I would be thrilled with just the packaging!

happy new year!