Thursday, November 19, 2009

Christmas and Randomness

Hello!  I still have a few more simple Christmas cards for you.  I posed them in front of my daughter's little tree.  It was a kit we bought at Joann's.  My dd and her brother had such fun putting them together.   Definitely worth the five dollars.   Anyway on to the card.  I have new leaft cardstock from PTI, it was embossed with my label one spellbinder die.  Next I punched another label one out of white.  I stamped it in palette viridian leaf with Waltzingmouse stamp's label one set.  I added the wreath from PTI's 2008 tag set.  I colored the berries red with red stickles.  I added the peace sentiment which also came from PTI's 2008 tag set.  I thought the bottom needed something so I added a piece of sticky tape and coated it in glitter.  It looks so sparkly!  This was a quick and fun little card to make.
In the random news, we had an awesome time on our field trip! So much stuff to see, the university was so welcoming, the kids really enjoyed themselves. We filled every minute of the day! I was in such a good mood that I decided to make breakfast for our entire staff this morning. I prepared homemade cinnamon rolls, blueberry muffins, sausages, eggs, juice, coffee, hot cocoa, fruit salad.... it was a feast! And everyone was so surprised. I just love surprises like that. So much fun. Of course, now I am exhausted!! Thank goodness only one more day in the work week. Happy Friday y'all! (Or Thursday night if your reading it as I post ;) )

6 comments:

Val said...

Very cute card. I just love that border stamp. (The breakfast sounds delicious!)

B said...

Adorable! Love the fun borders you stamped!

Aimes said...

You're definitely gettin your dollar's worth with those nesties! I'm loving the embossed panels!
Such a clever, simple design!
Love the tree in the pic too - a fab prop to have for pics of your Christmas cards ;D
Can you come work at my school please? I have a feeling you'd be loved by EVERYONE with that breakfast gesture LOL!
Aimes
x

peggysue said...

I like the new leaf paper too, isn't it a great color? Glad you are getting more than your share of value out of your dollah . . .

Diane Jaquay said...

Just BEAUTIFUL! I love that border!

Unknown said...

Oh flip - come work for me - that sounds scrummy - and your daughters wee tree is gorgeous!!