Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wise Owl in the Flowers

After the Papertrey Princess challenge the other day I had Wise Owl sitting out on my craft table. (Let it be known I rarely put anything away- just ask my husband.) I couldnt resist using him to create a few more cards. Wise Owl truly is one of my favorite sets. I also wanted to use up some of this basic grey Urban Prairie patterned paper. Somehow I bought both the 6x6 and 12x12 pads. This paper is from the 6x6 pad.
Details: I stamped the stems in ocean tides on stampers select white. I stamped the flower in dew drops chalk ink, mango. I created a base of aqua mist. I cut the pp to size and glued it on the base. I adhered the strip of flower. I stamped thank you (From Vintage Picnic) on the flowers in dark chocolate. I stamped Wise Owl on a piece of scrap white. I colored him with copics and cut him out. I stamped his belly on the pp, cut it out and adhered it. I popped him up with pop dots.
Thats all I have for today. The kids and I are off again, this time heading to my BFF's house, to visit with her and her twin boys. I have a couple of posts set up to run in my absence. Summer is coming to end here, school for my kiddos starts up on August 17th. I still have my own fingers crossed that I will have a job come September. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Leah said...

He's so cute:) You are making me want that set! I love that Urban Prairie paper, great color combo:)

peggysue said...

I hope you get a job in September too, that would be a good thing. And this is a cute card. Wow, August 17, we don't start until almost ten days later here. I know these comments all seem random, but they're connected in my head . . . :)

BethieJ said...

OHHH so CUTE! Great job on the challenge.. enjoy your get away.. and I HOPE you get your job in Sept.. too!!

B said...

Soo cute! Keeping my fingers crossed for you too!