Friday, June 19, 2009

Teacher Gifts

Its that time of year when you need to break out the teacher gifts. As you know I am a teacher myself so I always try to give things I would want. Its not that I dont love apple mugs, but once you have 5 or 6 you really don't need anymore. I work in a very low income area, so its not often that I even receive gifts. The best one I ever got was a heartfelt letter from a single mom of a troubled boy in my first grade class. I still have it. Anyway I always try to include a letter or note telling the teacher thank you for his/her time. The more I like the teacher the more I write, LOL. My kids arent actually out of school until next week (they are year round). However my son is leaving his daycare this Friday. We had such a bad experience with our first day care, but this daycare (actually a Kindercare center) was marvelous from day one. They had a friendly, knowledgeable staff, a wonderful director, and best of all my son loved it. If the kid is happy, mama is happy. Because my son interacted with so many different teachers I had quite a big basket of goodies.
This was the card that went with the basket.  Most of the products are PTI.  The patterned paper is basic grey, urban prairie.  The stamp set is from bird watching.  The blue ink is from dew drops.  The pink ink is color box.  The brown is PTI dark chocolate.
These are the gift boxed.  I got them on sale at Michaels.  I embellished them with a bit of basic grey pp.  I then stamped the top with the sentiment from Star Prints and the butterflies from Butterfly kisses (both PTI).  I punched them out and layered them on some bazzil cardstock.  I then adhered the whole thing to the takeout box.  The boxes are filled with candy.  Next I put in some homemade cookies, that I bagged and tied with ribbon purchased at Mike's.
Here is the whole set up in a cute little (actually big!) basket from Mike's (40% off!).  I tied it with some left over ribbon.  I hope they liked it!

5 comments:

BethieJ said...

LOVE everything Michele!!!! My kiddos went to Kindercare too... LOVED them!!!
Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

B said...

Great gifts!

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

How thoughtful of you! Love the set you made. :)

Mara Campbell said...

I absolutely love this! The basket looks fantastic filled with all those goodies. Love it, love it!!!

Katy Myhre said...

Very cute! What a great idea!