Monday, September 03, 2012

Birthday Sunflowers

Hey there friends!  Bet you thought I had dropped of the face of the Earth, huh?  I have thought about my sad little blog so many times over the last few weeks but just couldn't get the oomph to go take some pictures, edit them, and fix it all up.  I have been creating.  I haven't been taking photos.  But a few days ago I finally did and this is what I have for you today:
P1070355
Copic colored card using PTI's Autumn Abundance and Waltzingmouse Stamp's Compact Sentiments.  Just a little aside about the WMS set-  It is the best sentiment set I own.  I LOVE the font, I love how bold it is and I love the sizes.  Excellent set- check it out!  Anyway papers are fairly new and I believe are by Cosmo Cricket.  The die cut is Spellbinders Lacy Circles.   As for the coloring I kind of cheated and copied Debbie Olson's color scheme from this post.  I just went out and looked at it again, and I used a totally different green combo for the leaves but the vase is totally based off of hers.  Anyway elsewhere on her blog she has a totally stepped out tutorial if you are new to copics.
Well I would like to promise you that I will be posting again in earnest but I go back to work tomorrow to start a new school year and I have no idea how long it will take me to get back into the swing of things so I'll I can say is I will TRY to get back into the regularly scheduled postings!  As always thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

What a lovely card!! Your flowers in the vase are so pretty, you did great with the coloring!! And love the yellow and black together. We just started school as well and it's been crazy. I haven't been crafting much, either. I hope to get back in the swing of things!!

Michelle Philippi said...

I'm not a teacher - but I've been totally slack-ass on posting too. Got real lazy in the summer and then got busy. I've noticed a lot less online activity by a lot of folks. So 'tis the season, I reckon. Love this summery card - WMS is just the best. Their sentiments are totally my style. And I like that strip of numbers...and of course, your fabby coloring.

Laurie said...

Michele this is really pretty! I love your coloring! Just beautiful!