Monday, March 19, 2012

Pretty Peonies

P1060884
Good Morning blog friends!  Today I have a card I made for my momma.  She has been pretty upset because one of her friends recently got a new job.  Of course she is happy that her friend has a new job, but sad because she has worked with her friend for over 30 years.   So understandably she has been just a little tweaked out by the changes.  Anyways I thought maybe this might cheer her up.  Pretty simple construction here:
1.  Stamp the background in kraft ink on fine linen paper
2. Stamp the frame on new Cosmo Cricket paper.  Hand cut
3.  Stamp the bigger flower and color with copic markers
4. Cut ribbon and stripe with markers.  Adhere
5.  Glue it all together and add the little pearls.
Thats all there is to it!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

June K said...

Pretty card, Derbylea. You did beautiful coloring and professional "fussy" cutting.

Nadine said...

Gorgeous card Michele! I hope it cheers your mom up, I'd be sad too! Love how striped the ribbon, I'll have to remember that.

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty! Great colouring!

carol (krillsister) said...

Awesome card. Love the background you stamped. Your cutting of the frame & large peony is wonderful. Love the touch of pearls.

Carolyne Aarsen said...

Stunning card! so beautiful. Makes me really rethink getting this set!

Mara Campbell said...

This is so so pretty. I love the frame and the sentiment!

Kara said...

beautiful coloring:)

Michelle Philippi said...

This is so pretty!! I love your big colored flower...that's gorgeous. Love what you did with the ribbon too...gotta have a steady hand for that, I'm thinking? Pretty pretty...