Saturday, March 06, 2010

Another Violet

Hey there! Happy Saturday! I have another Violet for you today. I will admit I have been practicing my coloring on these guys, they are so challenging! I stamped this violet on PTI white in dark chocolate and then went to town with my copics. I did the same with the leaves. Next I cut them all out. For the base I used PTI Enchanted Evening. I stamped it with versa mark. I used my scallop die on some PTI linen vellum. I then stamped with the sentiment from violets in Enchanted Evening. I added a little row of pearls to set it off.
Here is a close up of the flower. I really like this one. It took quite a while to color it, lots of layers of color here, even on the leaves. Hope you like it! Thanks for stopping in.

14 comments:

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

The depth is beautiful. It's Georgia O'Keefe'ish. Awesome.

Sherry said...

Gorgeous! Great job coloring! The pearls are the perfect touch.

Dana said...

WOW. Such vibrant colors! Amazing coloring.

Pat said...

Wow! Your coloring is great. Are you self-taught or have you taken classes.

IamDerby said...

Hi Pat! Thanks for your kind words. I am self taught with the copics. I did take a lot of art classes in college (way back! lol), however done were with markers.

Taheerah said...

Ooh, very graphic! Love the colours and shading you managed to create on the violet, beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice coloring, you do great with copics! Beautiful card!

Jennifer K said...

Stunning card, Michele! And your coloring is superb.

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! I finally got some Copics, and I can't stop coloring those flowers either!

Deanna said...

Wow this is beautiful Michele!

Susan said...

This is beautiful!! The flower is SO vibrant! Love your coloring.

B said...

Wow, great job with the coloring! So vibrant! It looks so real!

Ted said...

Gorgeous! Love the purple and yellow together...great job in coloring! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, look at the pretty colors in that flower, LOVE it!!