Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Little Belated Valentine...


I made this for my son's teacher on Valentine's Day. I made my daughter's teachers some cute little candy holders too, but I forgot to photograph those. Anyway back to the one I have pictures off. This is made from half of an acrylic box- the ones PTI sends out their stamps in. I can't stand to throw them away, so I have quite the stock pile. I cut the box in half with a craft knife. I wrapped it in PTI patterned paper and pure poppy cardstock.  The stamps are PTI heart prints.  I stamped in both fresh snow and pure poppy.  I used the sentiment from PTI Around and About.   The scalloped edging is the Fiskars threading water punch.  The red ribbon is PTI but the black is from Michaels (I think)  I just punched a couple holes and threaded it through.  I filled it up with hershey's kisses and called it good.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Inspired idea Michele and really beautifully done - it's gorgeous!! lucky teacher.

Unknown said...

OH my STARS, I love this great job ;) Going into my CASE files for next year.

tommie said...

This is the type of teacher gift I would have loved!

Babies-Beth said...

Oh my, and this is so clever, too! I am humbled!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Just found this on the PTI board, it is SO ADORABLE, I am definitely going to try this! Thanks!