Sunday, July 19, 2009

Little Birdie

The fabulous Nichole Heady, over at Papertrey ink, has a new stamp set out called Everyday Button Bits.  The idea is to use buttons to make different things.  I ordered it but it hasn't come yet so in the meantime I made my own cute little birdy with a sharpie marker and some coloring.  The stamps here are from PTI's Bird watching.  I stamped in dark chocolate on rustic cream paper then colored it all in with my copic markers.  The bird is made with a hibiscus button and turquoise rhinestone (hero arts).   The rest of him I drew.

8 comments:

B said...

Very cute! And what a fun idea to draw your own birdie for now!!

Rose said...

Cute card.....nice co-ordination with Bird Watching. So funny you are substituting while waiting for Button Bits too ! I made some hot air balloons last week !!!

Melissa said...

Adorable Michele- you are very inventive!

Lori said...

Super sweet card!!

Cheryl said...

So cute! Way to improvise! I love the colors you used, too.

Janelle said...

Adorably cute. Great way to wile away the time while awaiting your order (which I'm sure you've received by now)!

BethieJ said...

Michele this is so CUTE! How did I miss it!! Great job!!!

Kelly S. said...

You did such a GREAT job...maybe you can be a guest illustrator for her next set...make sure she sees this card, hee! You should TOTALLY email her a link!!