Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Happy 4th!

Hello friends!  Happy Fourth!  The 4th of July just happens to be my daddy's birthday.  I always thought that was pretty amazing when I was a kid.  We thought all the fireworks were just for him.  Hmmm I wonder who led us to believe that?!  Anyway here is the card I made for my dad.

P1070252
I sometimes wonder if my dad gets sick of his birthday having a red, white, and blue theme. I remember many of his cakes being these colors as well!  For the card I used PTI's Happy Hexagon plate, doodlebug papers, ribbon, and buttons.  The dad sentiment is from WMS compact relatives (I think thats the name).  The happy birthday is from PTI birthday basics.  That's it for card stuff!

I just wanted to say Happy Birthday Dad!  I love you and I think you are a wonderful father.  I hope your birthday is enjoyable and you have a good time celebrating with my niece, stepmom, and baby brother.   Hope to see you soon!  And here is a very old picture of Dad and me:
Here we are back in the day- circa 1976 I would say.  Notice the gorgeous couch and "matching" afghan!  LOL!

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Ah, gotta love the photos taken in the 1970s! LOL!
Great card, Michele! I haven't even inked up this set yet, nor have I used the coverplate....

June K said...

Lovely 4th of July-ish themed birthday card. You did a great job with the hexagons.

I remember those colors in the photos. Weren't they called "earth tones?" I remember the browns, the avocado green and the fall-ish yellows. Everything was in those colors - carpet, household appliances, pots and pans, towels with flowers. . .
Looks like a granny square afghan.

Ted said...

Great card, Michele! And I'm sure your dad is going to love it. :) That picture brings back memories... including avocado green phones. Yikes! :) Happy Independence Day!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a cool card!! Your Dad will soooooo love this!!

Elena said...

fantastic card! love the papers and the fun buttons you threaded in red... and lol at the flowery sofa! I think we all grew up with something like that :)