Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Shady Tree Studios Day 3


Hey there! Welcome back! I have a little something for all you non-coloring folks today. Ok, there is just a hint of marker, but I promise it doesn't take any skill. This is another set being released later this week by Shady Tree Studio. Its called Two Birds. I paper-pieced this entire card. It took some time, but it wasn't difficult. The first thing I did was stamp my design on the cardstock. Next I selected some pieces of patterned paper. I stamped again on the patterned paper and begin cutting out the pieces. I use liquid glue when I am piecing as it tends to be more forgiving. After I had everything pieced I went back with some markers and added a little definition. I used copics but any kind of marker would work. Its not hard. Note: The sentiment is not a Shady Tree stamp, its by Waltzingmouse from the Lil buddies set.
Card Deets:
Cardstock: Aqua mist, pti
Ink: Memento
PP: PTI, echopark
Stamps: Shady Tree Studios, Waltzingmouse (sentiment)

11 comments:

Nancy said...

Just adorable, Michele . . . and the paper piecing is fabulous!!

Mary Dawn said...

so sweet and cheerful

B said...

Oh wow!!! This is just lovely! The paper piecing is just fabulous!!!!!! The colors really pop this way! Absolutely lovely card!

Aimes said...

This was definitely worth all the fiddly cutting it must have taken!!! Love the extra shading you've added too -totally brings the scene to life!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Leah said...

OH! This is SO pretty, I love all the piecing, fabulous:)

Taheerah said...

My gosh Michele - this is paper piecing extraordinaire!! Absolutely stunning!!

Kara said...

this is really cool and it came out so beautifully!!

Joan B said...

Ok, this rocks!!!!

Geny said...

I love love love this Michele!!!

DF said...

This is such a vibrant and stunning card. I love the piecing and how it makes it look fairytale-ish. I'd say I'll CASE it, but I don't think I'd have it in me. :)

Pat said...

stunning card!
Hugs, Pat