Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Another Marigold

P1050592
I have a special place in my heart for marigolds. When I was growing up my mom had tons of them along the front walkway of our house. I remember pinching out the seeds after the flower had died and spreading them in the flower bed. One year I decided to spread them in the grass too. Imagine my mom's surprise when the following year we had marigolds springing up in the lawn! LOL
Today's card is very similar to the last one I posted. The marigold is colored differently, the background is white instead of kraft and I changed out the sentiment. Stamp sets are YOF:marigold, (PTI) and WMS Frame It. Thanks for stopping in!

13 comments:

Eva said...

Your marigold is gorgeous...and on the with with black accent...it just pops outs!

Diane said...

Your coloring is beautiful!

Geny said...

So so pretty Michele!!

B said...

The coloring is just lovely!

Unknown said...

What a clean card! love it!

Mara Campbell said...

oh wow, the coloring is gorgeous!

Sue Plote said...

I love marigolds, too...my grandpa had all of his sidewalks line with them. Each year I plant several posts for my front porch, and I love remembering him and our special relationship! Your card is beautiful!

Jen Carter said...

This is beautiful! That marigold just pops off the card!! Great coloring and shadowing too!

Kristii said...

Soooo pretty!! I love the Marigold paired up the the Frame it set!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO pretty! Sure wish I could color as well as you do ;)

Cheryl said...

I really like this one. I love how you placed it in the frame, and your coloring is superb!

Laurie said...

Gorgeous coloring Michele! I love that flower! So CAS!

Maggie said...

Great job on the coloring....so simple yet striking!