Monday, June 18, 2012

Make It Monday

Hey there friends! Its Monday, I have no work until... well the point is I have no work! So today I got busy on the new Make It Monday over at Papertrey Ink. Details are here. Today Betsy V. showed us how to mask off sentiments. This is something I already knew but its always fun. I don't use post its- I use eclipse masking tape. I love that stuff. So worth the money. My LSS carries it in several widths. P1070146
I used Guidelines 1 and Movers and Shakers.  I masked off the border and the sentiment box.  I was going to draw lines like Betsy did but my pen did not match the ink color very well and I liked it like this.  A true one layer card with one kind of ink and paper.  CRAZY!  LOL

7 comments:

Ted said...

Michele, it was fun to see you play along in the MIM this week. :) I love this card... I think it would even be appropriate for a masculine card. Well done!

Tracy said...

I just love this - love that it's one layer and one ink - love the stamps you chose - it's really a winner

Kathy Mc said...

Michele, your masked sentiment looks great with your background. Agree lines bordering your sentiment wouldn't look right since you've only used one color ink.

Tracey McNeely said...

Very creative.

Tanya Boser said...

I like that you masked the edges to give the impression of another layer there also!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

So pretty Michele! Love the 'victorian' look in an updated design!

Kristii said...

So pretty!!! A perfect one layer card!!! I love those who can pull off a one layer card....I just can't seem to accomplish the task!!! You have inspired me to try! Thanks for the inspiration!