Saturday, June 16, 2012

Guidelines Gift Set

Hello friends! I have another card set for you today. This one is for one of my children's teachers. I decided to pull out a few old sets that I really love for these cards- The Guidelines series from Papertrey Ink.
 P1070143
 Here is the whole set all together. Its a set of four cards and four decorated envelopes. P1070142 This card has a color scheme of Golden Harvest and Summer Sunrise. The button is from Doodlebug (probably the only non-papertrey item in the whole set!) P1070141 This card has a color scheme of Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, and Simply Chartreuse. I used Spring Moss (old pigment formula) and Simply Chartreuse inks (new formula). P1070140 This card is Spring rain and Blueberry Sky. The blueberry sky ink is a bit darker than the cardstock but I really like it. Its one of my favorite inks. These are both the new formula. P1070139 This card is aqua mist (old pigment formula) and Hawaiian shores (new formula). The new Hawaiian shores is a perfect match. I hate all the hit and miss with the inks. I will say though that I have never tried an ink brand where at least a few of the colors were duds. If you know of a brand that has perfect ink across the board I want to hear about it! (Unless its pigment- I hate pigment). P1070138
 This is the box they are housed in. I made the base with Hawaiian Shores and stamped it with guidelines 1. I made the lid from linen vellum cardstock. The tag is a combo of Just for You and Giga Guidelines. Ribbon is aqua mist. P1070137 One more view of the box. You can see the stamping better here. Well thanks for stopping by today! I am hoping to participate in WMS blog hop tomorrow so I hope to see you back here then!

18 comments:

Karen C. said...

What a wonderful set of cards, Michele. I love how you stamped the base of the box and used the linen vellum for the lid.

Cheryl said...

I love these! Great color choices, and I love the Giga shapes as the focal point. Beautiful!

June K said...

Lovely card set with matching envelopes and packaging. I played with my Guidelines set on guideline grid paper last week. I hadn't in ages. It was a lot of fun.

Joyce said...

Beautiful card set.

Theresa Tyree said...

Your work is beautiful, Michele!

Emma said...

Fantastic set of cards Michele, really beautiful :)

Mayol said...

Jaw-dropping! Gorgeous set of cards! The teachers are so lucky to be given these!

cards by cara said...

I love these! I just adore Giga Guidelines and have to pull it out again. It looks so great embossed and I think that is my favourite technique with these. Great card set and box!

Mary said...

Wow this set is beautiful!! I forget to use that set and now I'm inspired.

merry said...

Wow, Michele, these are gorgeous! I love the two-toned color of the inks. Great job!

Kim Heggins said...

This set of cards is so fabulous...makes me want to buy these sets, they really look like they might have been fun to make too. So incredible.

Jen Adcock said...

Wow, Michele! What incredible tile stamping. Everything is done with such flawless precision. Very impressive, indeed!

Mara Campbell said...

LOOOOOOOOVE these cards!! They are amazing, I love how you used that stamp set. And your color combos are gorgeous. This is an amazing set!!

Joan B said...

what a great gift for someone. love this set and forgot I had it!

Jen said...

SO fun! i love this gift! great job--i pulled that set out a few days ago...LOVE it!

carol (krillsister) said...

WoW! these are gorgeous. I love this set but rarely use it. I think you have inspired me. The colors are fantastic. Great designs too! the teachers are going to love it.

Cecilie said...

What a BEAUTIFUL set of cards. Love the colours and the design.

Carolyne Aarsen said...

These are stunning! I'm blown away by the combos and the patterns. So beautiful.