Monday, June 20, 2011

Can You Stand Another Card Set?

Good Morning Friends! Its the first day of my summer break and I am thrilled! I did get up and take my kids to school as they have two more days (different district). This is the last of the teacher gifts. This one is for my daughter's Language Arts teacher. Same basic construction as all the boxes from the last week.P1060262
For this box set I used all PTI stamps. The sets were: Fillable Frames and Sending You. I used some PTI dies as well. The patterned paper is from American Crafts and PTI. Vellum and Cardstock by PTI. The inks are from a variety of sources including, Dew Drops, PTI, and Colorbox.
P1060263
None of the cards have sentiments. I couldn't decide where to put it so I ended up leaving them blank. This was a rush job done during my last teaching week of school so I was working very quickly.
P1060265
I did take the time to decorate the envies. I really like decorated envies. I think it just makes the card that much better. Do I always do it? No, but I should! LOL.
P1060264
So tomorrow I am off to Colorado. My kids and hubby are staying home as this is a work trip for me. If you know many teachers, then you know its not often they get a work trip- especially to another state! This is some side work with curriculum that I am doing with a textbook company. I have never done anything like it and I am really looking forward to it. As soon as I get back I will turn around and drive down to Moss Landing- which is right near Monterey, California and very close to my hometown. I will be teaching science at the Moss Landing Marine Lab to other elementary school science teachers. We will be learning both lesson structure ideas and actual science content. I have been involved in this program for the past 3 years and I am really looking forward to this as well. I am going to miss my kiddos but I am very excited. Anyhow that is my long winded way of telling you that the blog will be dark. I am trying to put together a few posts for while I am gone but it may not happen. I will be back for good on July 1... and hopefully soon after will have some crafty goodness for you again. Thanks again for stopping by!

5 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

such a beautiful set & gosh, you can post as many of them as you want! ;)
have a wonderful trip! it sure sounds interesting!

Kara said...

another gorgeous set!

Leah said...

I love all the card sets you've done:) I love the Sending You set, so pretty! I hope you have a wonderful time for both trips...take care of yourself:)

Joyce said...

Another beautiful card set. You've done it again. I love how colorful these are.

Mara Campbell said...

Your card are beautiful, another great set!! I love the scalloped border and how you did the same scallops on the envie.

Have fun in Monterey. I have a marine biology masters degree and Monterey was a fish sampling site for me. I also had friends getting their degrees at Moss Landing marine lab. We used to go up there all the time and fish and camp. Your program sounds great, my DH is a teacher and also involved in elementary science teaching.

Sorry for the rambling! Have a great time!!