Tuesday, May 11, 2010

CPS Challenge

Hi there! Do you use CPS (Card Positioning Systems)? They have a great sketch each week and then one lucky participant gets a fabulous prize. Sketches are the perfect thing when the mojo isn't flowing. You can check out CPS here.So following the sketch I broke out of my little A2 rut (like 90% of my cards) and went for this tall, skinny number. The actual size is 3.5x8.5 inches. It actually went together quite quickly because the focal image was already cut and colored. When I don't have alot of time or when I am just in a coloring mood I make small pieces and store them away for when I am ready to do a whole card. The base is lemon tart (PTI), the mat is summer sunrise (PTI) cut with label one nestie and stamped with a coordinating stamp from Waltzingmouse stamps. Both trims are Doodlebug fancy frills (from the cupcake collection). The sentiment and basket are from PTI's Vintage picnic.
And here is a close up of the little basket. Its stamped on Kraft and colored with copics. The little napkin is summer sunrise bitty dot paper. The fruit/food was stamped on white and colored with copics. Fun little coloring while you are watching tv. Thanks for coming by!

4 comments:

Dana said...

I love longer/taller cards Michele, and this one is no exception!
The sentiment going up the side rocks and it so perfect with your basket contents...fun!

B said...

Fab card with the fun sentiment up the rick rac! Very cool! Lovely shading in the picnic basket image too!

BethieJ said...

Michele I LOVE the card.. such a fun sketch.. and now I need to ink up my vintage picnic set! :)
Have a GREAT day!

Lea L. said...

Cute card!! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥♥♥Lea