Thursday, May 14, 2009

Baby Shower Card

I made this for a colleague who is expecting a baby girl in just a few short weeks.  I love how it turned out!  I used birds of a feather (this is my favorite image from that set) paired with Birds of a Feather sentiment.  The celebrate is from Its a Celebration.  I used polka dot basics on the hibiscus burst strip on the bottom and the small single polka dot to go around the side.  Some hibiscus burst swiss dot and a little bit of stickles complete the card.  

Guess what?  Tonight is PTI's release night.  Now you all know I don't need anything... but they have so many great sets coming out tonight!  OMG I have no idea how I am going to narrow it down.  I can't buy too much though because I am going to run out of room soon!  YIKES!   I need to make a list.  Stop by the release party in PTI's forum tonite.  Its always so much fun.  Hope to "see" you there.

8 comments:

B said...

Oh this is adorable! Love the fun scene you created and the borders!

Rita said...

I love visiting your blog. Your cards are stunning! Thanks for the inspiration! (Don't you just love working with Kraft paper?)

Scrapping Julie said...

awwww. this is so cute.

Amy Jo said...

can you add one of these (for a baby girl) to the cards you are making for me? It's for my friend Kimberly (the one where I get to be in the delivery room). Just needs lots of positive thoughts she doesn't go when we are in St. Louis!!!

IamDerby said...

thanks for all your kind comments!
@Rita- I love the kraft paper... one of my faves!
@ AJ - absolutely... one baby girl card coming up.

Mara Campbell said...

this is wonderful, love the kraft paper! And all those polka dots, they really make the card!!

I had a little too much fun at the PTI release, spent some $$$!!! What did you get????

Diane said...

Super cute card! A beautiful way to celebrate a new baby girl!!!

BethieJ said...

Michele this is soooo CUTE! Love the Kraft and Pink together!!! Great job!