Monday, September 23, 2013

Holiday Lights

image
Hi Friends! Another Christmas card for you today.  It looks so CAS doesn't it but really there are quite a few steps packed into this one.  The one that makes it unlikely for me to ever mass produce is the embossing using the cuttlebug and spellbinder's rectangle.  Next I masked the sides of the rectangle and stamped the light string from PTI's Holiday Lights.  Next come the little light bulbs in red and green.  Add a layer of coordinating stickles and a matching sentiment.  Punch some holes in the side and tie on some fancy silver ribbon.  Way to much trouble for mass production! LOL!

4 comments:

Linda Nicholson said...

Such a pretty card! CAS cards may look simple, but to actually achieve that look, there is an art to it for sure.

Linda

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous, Michele! I love what you did to the lights!

Michelle Philippi said...

Those shimmery lights and the silver ribbon are adorbs. Ha, yes, I said adorbs. And yes, too much work for mass producing. I just started on my Christmas cards, was going to mass produce, but then got bored and begrudged it. So I am doing 2 of each card. But mine are way simpler and easier than yours because I'm just not that good - heh. Pretty pretty....

Michelle Philippi said...

Holy hat it's been 2 months since you last posted. Where ya' been? Busy or somethin'? I thought I posted on this card. Maybe not. I love that ribbon - it's obvs perfect for Christmas. And yes - too much work for mass production!
Hope you are well, Miss Michele.