Monday, March 14, 2011

Bitty Backgrounds

P1050929
Wasn't going to get this set. I put it on the wish list but then my BFF bought it for me for my birthday. I really love those little squares. For this card I used Bitty Backgrounds, Floral Fusion 1 and Technique Tuesday (stitches). I used my spellbinders for the lacy circle and also the tag. The ribbon is from Martha Stewarts (a Big Lots steal).
So how are things with all of you? I pulled a muscle at the gym about a month ago. Its my glute aka butt muscle and it still hurts. I took 3 weeks off the gym to let it get better but its not working. So I went back to the gym today. I know, I know, go to the doctor already. I have not. I probably won't . I hate being doctored. I have to visit my endocrinologist every three months and thats more than enough doctoring for me. So anyway back at the gym today. Didn't hurt during the actual exercise and i took it easy. Hurts now though, but no more than it did yesterday so I guess all is well. Anyway my doctor told me I am too fat. She's right. I am too fat. Trust me on this. So I am now dieting. Which I completely hate. But its necessary. Wish me luck ok? I need to lose a good 50 pounds or so but hell I would be happy with 25. I need to my pants to fit again. Well enough rambling for today. I am off to watch the Bachelor and check out the PTI release party tonite. New stamps will be coming home with me tonite... LOL!

9 comments:

Joan B said...

beautiful card. good luck on the pain and the weight. I hear ya!

Nadine said...

Love how you the background Michele! Your BFF did good getting that stamp set for you. Love how paired the lacey circle with the tag label.
Ow! on hurting the glute muscle. Seriously that is why I stay away from the gym…can't be good for my health. And that's probably why I could stand to lose a few pounds too. Ah, the joys of getting older. Hope you feel better soon! : )

Nadine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ted said...

I had that bitty backgrounds stamp set in my cart and thought, "I'll never use this." Now it will go back in my cart. Love the quilt look! :)

Nancy said...

This is really adorable, Michele! Sorry you're in pain - ouch, pulled muscles!

I was happy to get a PTI set last night, too - it's been awhile since they've tempted me but I love the postage stuff :^) !

Kay D said...

What a SUPER sweet card, and I REALLY love the stamped background!

Lisa Silver said...

I just love your flowered card! So sweet of your friend to get it for you!

Best of luck to you on your diet. I'm in the middle of one too (bleh) and need to lose weight (double bleh). You'll do great, I know!

Laura Isham said...

I really love this card! It is really beautiful and homey. It makes wanna curl up and take a nap.

I, too, have been struggling with my weight. I have always struggled, but now its a war. I went to school for health & fitness and know all of the things I need to do, but it stills just sticks around. So I am wishing you (and me) luck!

I hope that your muscle heals soon. The only thing that helps a pulled muscle is rest, unfortunately. good luck. Oh! And try Biofreeze when it acts up. Works like a charm and better for you than ibuprofen.

B said...

What a fun use of the bitty bg! :)