Monday, October 25, 2010

Shady Tree Studio - Day 1


Its release time again at Shady Tree Studio! Nancy has so many beautiful new designs for you! I will be featuring the set named Believe. If you like homey Christmas images, then this is the set for you. If you like to paper piece or color this is also the set for you. So much can be done with it. On this card I am using two stamps, the stocking (stamped 3x) and the sentiment. Look how large and yummy that stocking is? It works great alone or with "friends", LOL! I stamped it three times in Ranger Distress ink (Brushed Corduroy). I colored them pretty with my copics and added some bling to the hangers. I cut a piece of vellum and stamped the sentiment in Brushed Corduroy and then inked the edges. I used vellum tape to attach and then added two big rhinestones (K and Co.). I made the plaid on the stars using my blender pen- so fun and easy!
My second card also uses the stocking stamp. This time I embossed the cardstock with a Nestie die. Next I sponged on Ranger distress ink (brushed corduroy). I stamped my stocking on a separate piece, colored and cut it out. I made a hanger for it with some cute little buttons and twine and attached it with a tiny clothes pin (hero arts). I added the sentiment in red with a little bling. Hope you like it!
Thanks for stopping in! Also don't forget the big contest! You could win the entire release!

13 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh I love the look of these cards, Michele!! The "plaid" looks amazing.
Love the colors and the little rhinestone hangers and vellum on the first one. And that Nesties frame and how you hung the stocking on the second one! Fantabulous designs!!!

Keva said...

Oh gosh..those are the cutest images and cards!! I love the colors you chose,too...really cool!

Lee Anne said...

How stinkin' cute is that!? I love what you did with these stockings. Not sure I can visit your blog again while you show me new stuff. My wallet will start to hurt!

Dee in N.H. said...

OMG! I absolutely love your vintage look! These cards are both amazing!

Tracy said...

awesome! Love the plaid you did on the stars.

BethieJ said...

Michele I LOVE both cards.. the stocking stamp is DARLING!
Have a GREAT day!

Geny said...

Love these cards Michele!!

Dana said...

LOVE those old fashioned looking stockings Michele. I don't have PTI's Stocking prints because they looked too modern for me, but these might be JUST what I am looking for...

Leah said...

Love these rustic looking cards and I love the little clothespin, so cute!

Kara said...

these stockings are adorable!! they look like fun to color:)

A Consuming Passion said...

Cute or what!!!!

Roxie said...

Very nice use of the images and nice variety of card styles.

Jennifer Scull said...

oh what cute cards you have made with this cute little stocking! so much fun! :)