Sunday, August 26, 2007

Big Fun


The California State Fair! We imposed a no ride rule on the kids this year. This earned me a sulk worthy of any teenager from my seven year old. However once we got out of the ride area the kids had a lot of fun, and Mr. Iamderby and I had a much more enjoyable time. This year we had time to look at all the animals, hit the freebie kid stuff, do the jungle walk and see all of the exhibts. The girl enjoyed seeing a baby quail hatch. Well lets face it I enjoyed that too! It was amazing seeing that little bird peck its way into the world. The boy enjoyed sucking down a huge icee and eating an enormous corn dog. He also enjoyed petting the goats, sheep, and especially the chicken. The Mr. enjoyed parting with all his money... well maybe enjoyed isnt the word, but part with it he did. Someone is getting rich and it sure isnt us! The California State Fair runs through Labor Day, if you're in the area you should go!

1 comment:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

We have the state fair this week too. I didn't make it last year - I really want to go this year.